The Centre for Research on Islamic and Malay Affairs (RIMA) is looking to employ suitably qualified candidates who are capable of working with our present team to assume the following position:
1) Research Analyst
- Produce quality research on specific topic(s) assigned by the Board
- Analyse data and provide write-up
- Present complex information effectively to a range of audiences
- Oversee contents, editing and publishing of publications both in print and electronic media
- Draft proposals and provide links for research grants/funding and applications
- Review RIMA’s research output and make recommendations to the Board
- Publish article / opinion pieces on relevant issues affecting the Malay/ Muslim community
- Organise events and conduct fieldwork
- Establish network within the Malay establishments as well as the mainstream institutions
- Entry level candidates with a degree in social science or other relevant disciplines
- Those with some research work experience and higher qualification would be considered for higher position
- Knowledge of research techniques and methodologies
- Experience in organizing seminars and conferences
- Experience in editorial work and overseeing publications
- Proficiency in English and Malay and another relevant language will be an added advantage – (in order to handle concerns and feedbacks from English, Malay and another relevant language speaking counterparts in regards with the contents, editing and publishing matters.)
- Strong networking capacity would be an added advantage
- Awareness of the dynamic of the Malay Muslim community be an added advantage
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the right qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested individuals can send in their resume attached with a recent passport size photograph, stating the current and expected salary to Manager, People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview.