Our Mission, Vision and Core Values
The Centre for Research on Islamic and Malay Affairs (RIMA) is an independent and non-partisan research centre engaged in strategic research aimed at providing thought leadership in contemporary Malay and Muslim affairs. The key principle underpinning our work is the belief that a strong, vibrant and progressive Malay/Muslim community in Singapore can best be created via intellectual enquiry, quality research, as well as intelligent discourse and analysis on wide-ranging issues and developments relevant to its members.
To undertake strategic research aimed at providing thought leadership in contemporary Malay and Muslim affairs.
To be a centre of research excellence for the advancement of Singapore’s Malay and Muslim communities.
Our Core Values:
- INDEPENDENCE: We are non-partisan and objective in our outlook and research;
- CONVICTION: We are focused in our commitment to advancing the interests of the Malay and Muslim communities;
- COLLECTIVE EFFORT: We are team-oriented and value the opinions of all our staff and partners;
- COLLABORATIVENESS: We respect the work of other organisations and embrace partnerships and the sharing of information;
- FORWARD THINKING: We are visionary and progressive in our approach. We aim to look beyond the immediate in order to foresee future challenges and key emerging issues, formulating strategies relevant to both the Malay and Muslim communities.